Monday, September 24, 2012

From accounting to the needle and thread… Adenike cuts new details with Ladystyle


BY DAMILOLA ADEKOYA



ADENIKE Omotosho is the brain behind Ladystyle Clothing, an outfit that uses African fabrics such as ankara to make clutches, bangles, earrings and many other ladies’ accessories. The outfit opened in November 2011.
  The Osun State-native, who relocated to Ireland with her family, in 2001, attended Dublin Business School, where she read Accountancy. She also has a second degree in the discipline from the Athlone Institute of Technology, Ireland.
   How was the transition from calculating figures to the needle and thread business for her?
  “Fashion designing has been part of me for a long time now,” she says.  
  “It is something I have flair for, and from outset, I was sure I would take it up professionally.”
   Adenike, who acknowledges her parents’ support, started designing at very young age, and was blessed with drawing skill, which helped her.  
  “It’s what I can start and end my day doing,” she reveals.
  “My fiancĂ©e had encouraged me to follow my passion and I did. At that time, we were making research on what type of clothing line Ladystyle would be. We thought of using African fabrics to make bags, shoes, dresses and accessories. I have always loved African fabrics right from my teenage years. I believe you can do a lot with them — the creative possibilities are endless for me.”
  
THE designer says the company has created every piece with special concern for every woman out there.
  “We have weighed our options, done our survey and come to the fact that what every woman wants after feeling sexily confident, is comfort. And that is what Ladystyle is all about,” she says.
  On what to expect in the future from the outfit, Adenike whose dream is to work with Kimora Lee Simmons (Babyphat) and Ere Dappa, says, “I’m working on one step at a time, but I see Ladystyle going places.”



No comments:

Post a Comment