Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Help! My Husband Canes Me


By Damilola Adekoya

  The marriage between Taiwo and Adeniyi Adenuga has produced five children, but both parties insisted on going to court for a divorce.
  The matter had been ongoing at the Oshodi, Igbeyinadun Court, since 2011.
  Taiwo, 40, had earlier complained to the court, that she had suffered so much beating from her husband and had to report to her parents when she could no longer take it.
  She cited a day her husband caned her simply because she had confronted him over a lady, called Patience, whom she perceived was his girlfriend.
  According to Taiwo, her concerned parents, could not sit back to watch their daughter beaten to death, so they came to her rescue by helping her pack her things from her husband’s house.
  But the husband, Adeniyi, 44, who also said he was fed up of with the marriage, insisted she got a divorce letter from the court befoe she could pack out.
  Taiwo also claimed that Adeniyi didn’t pay her bride price, but Adeniyi denied, saying he paid but could not remember the actual amount, because the marriage was hurriedly done.
   “My lord! From the debt of my heart, I am totally fed up with this marriage. I do not want to live with this woman again. The children are in my custody, and am okay with that,” Adeniyi said.
  “You don’t look well today, what is the matter?” The President, Alhaja A. Olorunimbe asked Adeniyi.
  “I lost my younger brother last week through a motor accident, and I am not in my right state of mind,” he replied.
  “Am sorry about that, Mr. Adeniyi. And that is the more reason you have to forgive your wife, if you think she has wronged you.”
   “Mrs Adeniyi, do you also wish to be divorced from your husband? The president asked his wife.
  “Please Ma, I do not wish to. I have been staying alone in a rented apartment at Abule Egba, for 10 months now, since hearing began in this case. But I do not find it easy at all,” Taiwo said.
   The president noted that there is still love between the couple and urged them to reunite to take care of their kids together.
  She also appealed to the husband to avoid any rash decision because of his troubled state of mind.
  “Please go and see your in-laws, if they ask you to come and see them,” Olorunimbe advised  Adeniyi.
  The case was adjourned till October 3, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment